Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mostly Lastly

Things continue to happen over at MOSTcast.  Just posted our new E3 podcast, we've got some Monaco gameplay up, and I'm working on a failure-ific vid of Pat and I playing Super Mario Bros. as this is being typed.  Vidyagames!

On the subject, Last of Us is a very impressive game.  I gifted it to Carrie and have been watching her play as well as helping out when needed.  These enemies have impressive intelligence, even on Easy difficulty.  I have wanted so long to face AI foes with some notion of self-worth, and after the ridiculous encounters of the Uncharted games I really had not expected Naughty Dog to be the ones to present it -- remember the paid gunmen who weren't terribly bothered about being trapped in a burning mansion?  But the (human) enemies in Last of Us react when you have a gun, react to being shot, react to their friends dying, and freak out a bit when they have no clue where your murderous ass is hiding.  This and so much else lends the combat an extremely hectic, panicked pace and feel.  I love the combat because of this, and it's only one of many elements the game nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment